Dale’s Fantasy Corner: Week One Start em/ Sit em
Welcome back to the the corner Loudmouth community and fantasy football junkies! Its finally start time to prepping for week one. Most people I assume have already had their drafts by now so you’ve had plenty of time to sit there and play around with your lineup a little bit, maybe send out a few BS trades to the newbies in your league or receive them. This season I will be providing you every week with guys I like that particular week and guys you should probably place on your bench. By the way these rankings will be based on PPR scoring. Also I’m skipping kickers because I believe those are a complete dart throw.
- Cam Newton vs DAL – Although he is going against my boys, I think Cam will be be out to torch our banged up secondary. Dallas does have a good front four, but i could also see this game being a shoot out.
- Ben Rothlisberger @CLE- Potentially without Bell who has yet to show up to practice, I could see Ben slinging this game. You just cant overlook the amount of weapon that Pittsburgh offense has even without potentially Bell. Also its against the Browns so there’s that.
- Philip Rivers vs KC – Going up against a down KC D at home, I could see a big game from Rivers. I also think having Mike Williams healthy this year will give him a big boost in fantasy this year.
Running Back –
- Dalvin Cook vs SF– First game back from a torn ACL last year, this guy has been waiting to get out there tear it up. Going up against a decent SF defense at home, I see Mike Zimmer giving Cook the boat load of carries and even targets from Cousins.
- Joe Mixon @IND – Indy has never had a history of having a steller D, also he is going to be the centerpiece of that Cincy offense this year so I’m all in on Mixon.
- Royce Freeman vs SEA – This is not your normal Seattle defense people. I love this matchup at home plus Denver likes to run the ball and run the ball. I have a man crush on Royce Freeman this year.
- Chris Hogan vs HOU– With Edelman out for four games, Hogan is going to go off. In what is liable to be a shoot out game against Houston, I love this play.
- Nelson Agholor vs ATL – Even with Wentz out for this game, this is about the only Philly receiver I like. I see a lot of targets heading Agholor’s way Thursday night.
- Robert Woods vs OAK- Its going to take time for Cooks to get comfortable in that offense I believe. Goff is going to go after a guy he knows a trust. Woods is a safe bet for a TD Monday night if you are looking for a last minute WR3 or flex play.
- Jack Doyle vs CIN – Neck beard finally has Luck back (who also has a neck beard). Doyle is a good bet for a TD.
- Evan Engram vs JAX – While Ramsey and Odell are having it out on the outside, that only leaves Engram open in the middle of the field. Start him.
- Kyle Rudolph vs SF- Cousins loves TE’s and Rudolph is a good one.
- Detroit @NYJ– Going against a rookie in his first start.
- Tennessee @MIA – Miami isnt worth a damn this year and Tannehill sucks.
- New Orleans vs TB – Ryan Fitzpatrick
- Russell Wilson @DEN – I don’t love Wilson this week. At Denver in which is liable to be a low scoring game, stay away from Wilson if you can.
- Andrew Luck vs CIN– I’m still in wait and see mode with Luck. Also Cincy to have a real defense this year. Lets see Luck put a good game together before I start to believe again.
- Jimmy Garoppolo @MIN – Going across country to play a steller defense on a 1pm kick doesnt usually fair well. Stear clear of Jimmy G this week.
- Saquan Barkley vs JAX – Not saying I don’t like the rookie back this year, this is just a match up from hell. Obviously you gotta start him because he would most likely your first round pick but don’t expect much.
- Matt Breida @MIN – This is another bad matchup. Also I would like to see how Shanahan uses these backs after Mckinnon went down last week.
- Marshawn Lynch vs LAR – Going against the best front four in football, put the skittles on the shelf this week.
- Bradin Cooks @OAK- First real game in a new system, I think he falls third in targets in this game behind Cupp and Woods.
- Stefon Diggs vs SF – Most likely to be on Sherman island this game, I see Cousins looking Thielen’s way a lot in this game.
- Larry Fitzgerald vs WAS – Sherman island and Quarterback sucks.
- Jordan Reed @ARI – Probably will get a concussion on the first play.
- David Njoku vs PIT – Cant catch.
- Tyler Eifert @IND – Will probably get hurt walking to the stadium.
- Carolina vs DAL – Going to be a shoot out game.
- New England vs HOU- Shoot out game. Watson is about to ball out.
- Pittsburgh @CLE – Baring a ton of turn overs from Tyrod, Pittsburgh D sucks and this aint your Browns of the past.